Summerseat 1

Mathematics!

31st March 2015

Mathematics!

posted in Uncategorized |

Some of the Reception children were challenged to firstly make a repeating pattern using their bodies. The children chose to make the pattern ‘star, ball, star, ball, star’. They then informed me that the star shapes are ‘tall’ whereas the ball shapes are ‘small’ – wonderful mathematical language!

I then challenged them to get into height order – this was challenging but with lots of fantastic team work they did it! They decided who was the ‘tallest’ and who was the ‘shortest’.

The children then had fun drawing around each other onto a roll of wallpaper. They cut their ‘twins’ out and then placed them in height order. Wonderful team work Reception.

There are currently 6 responses to “Mathematics!”

Why not let us know what you think by adding your own comment! Your opinion is as valid as anyone elses, so come on... let us know what you think.

1. 1 On March 31st, 2015, Georgina & Sue said:

Some impressive pattern work there Class 1!

2. 2 On April 1st, 2015, Marcia Harvey said:

We had a giggle at William’s body shape this evening as he has 1 very skinny arm! He informed us that Martha’s had lost a leg! Sounds like you had fun in your Maths lesson.

3. 3 On April 2nd, 2015, summerseat2015 said:

We certainly did have a lot of fun during our maths lesson, although our ‘twins’ were minus a few body parts by the end of the day!

4. 4 On April 12th, 2015, William W said:

I liked being drawn around. It was tickly.

5. 5 On August 17th, 2015, William W said:

I had a great time with you miss Cromey

6. 6 On September 8th, 2015, summerseat2015 said:

I had a fantastic time with you all too William! I hope you are all having lots of fun in year 1 :o)